Weight Chart

Thursday, October 1, 2009

First Fill

I had my first fill yesterday.
Was an experience, Dr Martin couldn't find the port with the small needle so had to swap to a larger one, still had to dig around a bit but it wasn't at all painful so it didn't really bother me.
I now have 4.5 ml in my band.
I told him I wasn't hungry but he said I would be so he insisted it went in.
Noticed immediately the restriction with just drinking water, it kinda gurgled down. Great I now sound like a drain .PMSL.
I'm on fluids for 24 hours, but I think I will wait till tomorrow to start on mushies again:)
As I also went to the dietician yesterday, I am now able to start having solid food.
That will be interesting.
I had my first episode of not chewing/swallowing too much on tuesday. I had some salmon and decided a cracker would be good, well I completley forgot myself and ate it like I would of pre band.
OMG!!! the pain in my chest. I could feel it trying to go down and then I started salivating like never before. (OK so I'm a slimy drain;) I then coughed and up it all came just like it went down EWWWWWW but the pain relief was instant.
Lesson Learnt. Until next time :P
oooo I bought myself a dress today, from target in a regular 16. It's a black one (sorry Nat). I tried it on and could get it on but it will look much nicer with a few more kgs gone. So it is my Christmas goal dress:)
I am so excited about my band and how much better it has already made me feel in myself. Heck what am I going to feel like in another 10kgs...20kgs...I hope the rest of this journey will be as flowing as it has been so far.
Have a fab day :)

1 comment:

Crazy Mumma said...

yayy for the first fill! Glad it didn't bother you too much having it done.

Ahh the forgetfulness, heck 7yrs down the track and I STILL do it sometimes! And yes, as fast as it goes down, it comes back up again ;)

Oh as for the gurgling, yes I still sound like a drain LOL Especially if I have something to drink and then lay down. MrB finds it hilarious some nights the noises that come out of my throat. Me on the other hand, oh wish it would stop, but alas I don't think it will anytime soon.

You are doing so well girl!! You know how proud I am right?