Weight Chart

Monday, June 1, 2009

Consultant Nurse Appt

I had a one hour appointment today with Dr Martin's nurse Jenny.
Jenny is a fantastic lady with a wealth of knowledge about the lap band procedure.
We went through my history of weight issues, what diets I'd done etc. She took my weight/height and gave me my BMI (OMG!!!!!) and told me I would qualify for the procedure even though I don't have full on obesity related health issues, there are some minor ones that could become full blown in the furture if I don't act now.
I also got my costings today.
As I will be a private patient with a health fund, the out of pocket will be approximately $6000. So I will be accessing some of my super fund through APRA. I am hoping for an easy run there. I was told to allow 6 weeks for the process so the sooner I can get on to that the better.
A little less nervous now:)

No comments: